Spring Midterm Grading: Feb. 26, March 4, and March 11
In 2003 the University Senate approved a new midterm grading process (aka “The Early Warning System”). Under the revised bylaw, by the end of the sixth week of the semester, instructors shall submit midterm grades for students in 1000 and 2000-level courses who have earned a D, F, U, or N grade up to that point. (At the request of several departments, rosters will be available for 3000 and 4000-level courses, as well as those at the lower levels. The School of Nursing has requested that grades of C- or below be reported for Nursing students.)
We appreciate your taking the time to identify students experiencing difficulties early in the semester. Please consider using this process as an opportunity to inform struggling students of the many support services available. We do believe that the warnings and the subsequent interventions by instructors, advisors, First Year Experience instructors, and others makes a positive difference.
The mid-term grades will NOT appear on any of the varieties of the transcript or advising report as they are not official grades. Students and advisors are able to view the mid-term grades PeopleSoft. (There is a tab for Midterm Grades on the View My Grades page.) Notification of mid-term grade warnings will be provided to the students, their advisors, and others as appropriate via email.
Here is the navigation for the Midterm grading process:
- Log in to the Student Administration System.
- Select Self Service in the menu, then Faculty Center.
- From the Faculty Center, click the Grade Roster icon corresponding to the class for which you wish to enter mid-term grades.
- Enter the D, F, N, U grades, as appropriate. (You may certainly enter other grades as well. If you have a large class, remember to click on the Save button every 10 to 15 minutes.)
- When all your mid-term grades are entered for your affected students, click Save. Do NOT update the Approval Status field to Approved, as when entering Final Grades.
A demo of the process is available on the Student Administration System Help website.
If you need assistance please contact the Office of the Registrar at (860) 486-3331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: Office of the Registrar at (860) 486-3331.